Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Very correct and Ionity and Electrify Canada too

See my new post
https://www.taycanforum.com/threads/free-charging-for-taycan-for-3-years.794/
Yes I know its free for us (US and Canada) but my keyword was ONLY as both Scandinavian and Singularity are NOT in the US or Canada and are talking about the high charging rates. I get that VW owns Electrify America and is doing this as part of "Diesel-gate" but too bad they aren't offering the free 3 years for ALL Taycan owners or at least more than just US and Canada...

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I know its free for us (US and Canada) but my keyword was ONLY as both Scandinavian and Singularity are NOT in the US or Canada and are talking about the high charging rates. I get that VW owns Electrify America and is doing this as part of "Diesel-gate" but too bad they aren't offering the free 3 years for ALL Taycan owners or at least more than just US and Canada...
Please read my post, Ionity in Europe too...

Last edited:

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Jenner

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did....I clicked your link and searched for free...not seeing the 3 years free in Europe in your link. Not seeing it anywhere on google either (but 100s of hits for Electrify America)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Have you had a chance to enquire what the charging rates will be for your Taycan at these chargers.

I have just seen that IONITY here in Europe have released their new charging prices. 0.79 euro cent per kWh.

It will mean I will pay quite a bit more to drive a Taycan on a long trip through Europe, than what it would cost me to drive my V8 575 BHP BMW M5! And that only runs on the highest and most expensive grade of petrol?

They must be smoking something special in the office is all I can say!!
They are of course owned by the German Car producers, so it could be the strategy to keep selling ICE cars?
I am in the
I did....I clicked your link and searched for free...not seeing the 3 years free in Europe in your link. Not seeing it anywhere on google either (but 100s of hits for Electrify America)
Is this free for European taycan owners?

https://insideevs.com/news/342652/p...g-service-in-europe-to-49000-charging-points/

OP
OP
Jenner

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
"plus fees for using the charging points, which depends on particular provider, charging station and amount of electricity."

Doesn't say free charging anywhere on that page.

free "App" and "Porsche ID card"
I was asking if it was free, thanks for the info on the fees

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not free in Europe!

Free Access but kWh costs on top. Albeit at Porsche ""Preferential" rates. 0.35 Euro per kWh.

I still think Ionity Bored Members must have eaten some Magic Mushrooms for Breakfast before the Meeting

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This is incorrect. Remember the 0,79€ pricing only applies to cars with no contract. For example Tesla's. BMW, VW group, Mercedes etc have special contract pricing. Audi had published their pricing which is 0,33€ / kwh (+18€ monthly fee). We'll see what the Porsche pricing is but I'd expect similar.
You are correct, that seems to be the contract price. And I assume Taycan owners will get the first three years monthly fee for free. But after that period it will a subscription model.

I think this is so wrong and anti competitive. It would not surprise me if the EU or Governments now stepped in and stopped this behaviour. We all want to get away from ICE cars, but releasing non competitive pricing does not help.

BMW have also been quite vocal about the future of ICE cars and can not see an end to producing new petrol engines. Perhaps all of this reflects back on the owners of IONITY?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Have you had a chance to enquire what the charging rates will be for your Taycan at these chargers.

I have just seen that IONITY here in Europe have released their new charging prices. 0.79 euro cent per kWh.

It will mean I will pay quite a bit more to drive a Taycan on a long trip through Europe, than what it would cost me to drive my V8 575 BHP BMW M5! And that only runs on the highest and most expensive grade of petrol?

They must be smoking something special in the office is all I can say!!
They are of course owned by the German Car producers, so it could be the strategy to keep selling ICE cars?
Yes - three years of free charging. It's because of the 'diesel gate' problem VW had in the US. They committed to providing $2BB worth of charging stations, and Porsche is passing the savings onto us. We will receive a special card for these stations.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not free in Europe!

Free Access but kWh costs on top. Albeit at Porsche ""Preferential" rates. 0.35 Euro per kWh.

I still think Ionity Bored Members must have eaten some Magic Mushrooms for Breakfast before the Meeting
@Scandinavian is most correct, I was wrong in my original post and I have now updated to say "special pricing" in Europe.
I apologize for the miss-information.
Fixed in thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/threads/free-charging-for-taycan-for-3-years.794/

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
It’s not going to be free. It’s going to be ‘preferential’ pricing. This means it’s going to be a good deal. I wouldn’t worry about the cost, it’s nothing to what your paying in depreciation on the car!

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
What I understood from thenEuropean tour in October was that the first half hour of charge is free for 3 years and the. The rest of the needed minutes is charged at this preferential rate....... I guess we will all find out when we use our first IONITY or EA chargers...... ;-)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It’s not going to be free. It’s going to be ‘preferential’ pricing. This means it’s going to be a good deal. I wouldn’t worry about the cost, it’s nothing to what your paying in depreciation on the car!
First 30 min free each time - for three years. No reason to spend more than 30 minutes, so my charging at these stations will be free. Of course, I agree it is a bit like getting a coupon for free valet parking at a hotel that charges $1,000 per night...
Sponsored