Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
This looks like exactly your problem. The front brake hoses split when “driver sets them at the wrong time at the wrong angle”

wow ! so it’s triggered recall !

not sure what the mean by “driver setting” though, my car was only ever worked on by OPC technicians
Sponsored

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
wow ! so it’s triggered recall !

not sure what the mean by “driver setting” though, my car was only ever worked on by OPC technicians
Sorry I tried to be sarcastic. They apparently say that hoses “only” split under certain driving/suspension conditions.

OP
OP

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
Thanks for updating us Clive, even though you have sold the car.

This post (and your original post) are the most important ones to me.

It reinforces my thinking that this is my first and will be my last Porsche.
I have had more issues with this car in 3 years than all my other cars combined in the last 42 years.

And the worst bit is, you are constantly expected to pay a premium for it.

Things can go wrong. But it's how people deal with it when they do that matters.
I agree with others here. I could not have said it as elegant as you have. So many problems with this model it is untrue. But really the worst has been a total lack of communication here in France. My Service advisor has been proactive, but not a single communication from central Porsche here.

Long time Porsche fan with several different models, and all have been quite good. . 996 cab , Boxster, Cayenne, Macan. And now Taycan. My old 996 from 1999, also one of the early ones is still going strong without any major issue or breakdown. More that 160,000 km and running like clockwork. Some wear and tear and all maintenance done.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
so despite just a month ago porsche telling me there were no other reports of similar failures this was very clearly a complete lie from them
Just a small nitpick - let's keep "dealership" separate from "Porsche <country>" from "Porsche the company". :) The reaction of one is not necessarily representative of that of the other entities.

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
so despite just a month ago porsche telling me there were no other reports of similar failures this was very clearly a complete lie from them
@Clive :
Would you mind sharing which dealership you are dealing with?

Not naming & shaming, but just a reference as to which dealership is already aware of your issue?

I have been informed by Porsche Reading that “only 365 cars” in the UK are affected… It doesn’t sem right as worldwide, it seems Porsche is likely going to look at all cars manufactured prior to May 2024.

Reactions: D00
OP
OP

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
@Clive :
Would you mind sharing which dealership you are dealing with?

Not naming & shaming, but just a reference as to which dealership is already aware of your issue?

I have been informed by Porsche Reading that “only 365 cars” in the UK are affected… It doesn’t sem right as worldwide, it seems Porsche is likely going to look at all cars manufactured prior to May 2024.

Sutton Coldfield

OP
OP

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
So seven cases in the USA. Seems Porsche is being very proactive.
Porsche first received reports of the front brake leakage issue in June 2023, per the NHTSA report. The automaker has seen seven cases of such leakages in the U.S., though none have resulted in accidents. One report outside the U.S. did include an accident, though there were no injuries, and featured a vehicle traveling significantly over the speed limit at approximately 120 km/hour.
https://www.fastcompany.com/91146891/porsches-ev-ambitions-threatened-by-taycan-recall

i’m not impressed with Porsche GB who categorically told me they had no other similar incidents whatsoever and basically tried to fob me off as a one off freak case

despite the tech saying in the initial inspection video it was clearly i damaged 24hrs later i was being told by porsche its was probably damage and not a component failure …….. 24hrs later i was being told it wasn’t damaged by porsche and would be replaced as a good will gesture (note NOT warranty)

i suspect my report to the DVSA woke them up on this

OP
OP

Clive

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
by the way ……….. have i mentioned that the day after i sold the car it was involved in a accident

i don’t know the circumstances however, was just informer by my insurance co who had been informed as the register of cover hadn’t updated