Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here are two screenshots from my reading of the battery charge. The first is the battery at 95% charge level if I remember correctly. The second one is around 20 %. So would the cells be overcharged at > 4.2 volts??

Interestingly you can clearly identify the two modules that were replaced in September. If I let the car stand for about 12 hours, the cells will all be equal, both at the top level as well as the bottom level. The 95% charge was done with 3.1 kW supply over quite a number of hours. Looking at the charge curve there seems to have been a lot of issues with supply, perhaps many cars charging or the grid supply was unstable.

IMG_1156.png
IMG_1170.png
Peter,

This is definitely strange. My two cells show much higher voltages at low charge, and slightly higher voltages at high charge every. Did you get your HV controller software checked? I would definitely get this checked out at your dealer. I'm also reposting the answer to your question about what process I followed after module replacement. It is definitely working in my case.

Hey Peter - I'll just give you what I was told directly. After module replacement, drive the car down to 10-15% charge and let it sit overnight, and then charge to 100%. If you can do this on your home charger it is best. Repeat 3 times. Then, do this once a month or so afterwards. My battery is now better than it's been since I've been taking records - 237 mi range at 85% in normal mode in 48 deg temp. The tech said my SOH should benefit from this, and I've seen it on my OBD. When I got it back, it was 90.43 on my OBD, but the tech said their measurement indicated 92.6. Now I'm at 93.47 SOH on the OBD, and it's been steadily increasing after each 'rebalance'. Good luck! Mike

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks Mike,

I got a new HV Batteru]y Controller since that failed as well. When I talked to the service manager he told me they also had updated all the software and firmware around the battery. And remeber my SoH showed crazy values with 99. 5 %. Still now after driving the car some 4000 km the SoH in the Car Scanner app shows 96%! I am no longer providing any info to the thread about SoH etc.
Porsche Taycan Charging to 100%, why not? IMG_1150