Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Very easy solution to this that I learned living in the North Pole.
You Just need to remove 10 pouch cells out of the main battery.

Open the armrest (ok that bits difficult).
Unscrew the armrest compartment and just plunge your arm in. Fish around and every time you catch a pouch pull it out and throw it in the passenger footwell till it stops wriggling.
About 10 will do it.

Then when the car is running low on battery, just throw them back in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Very easy solution to this that I learned living in the North Pole.
You Just need to remove 10 pouch cells out of the main battery.

Open the armrest (ok that bits difficult).
Unscrew the armrest compartment and just plunge your arm in. Fish around and every time you catch a pouch pull it out and throw it in the passenger footwell till it stops wriggling.
About 10 will do it.

Then when the car is running low on battery, just throw them back in.
OK, I think I got it. But will probably have my kids do this as they have the smaller hands to get into these tight places and like to take stuff apart. 👍👍👍

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
relax, it’s probably an estimated 100%; at true 100%, it’ll set itself on fire.

And if your Taycan is on fire, please don’t forget to update the poll.
I already voted some time ago “always on fire”… stupid poll, won’t let this Pole vote twice 🤦🏻‍♂️

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Car over, time to buy a new one.
Now should I get the RWD or 4S? Not sure if this has ever been asked before? Will I notice a difference from the (now obsolete) Turbo S?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
So how did the Sunday morning, hung over, lower my SOC to 85%, drive to the bakery go?

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So how did the Sunday morning, hung over, lower my SOC to 85%, drive to the bakery go?
My morning plans are shot as there’s unexpected light rain… so I can’t drive under these extreme weather conditions in fear of my own safety.

But I’ve put a brick on the gas pedal (aka accelerator pedal as Henry from Hagerty would say)…. It’s been on launch control for the past 3 hours so it’s slowly decharging in the garage. I think things will be ok. 🥹

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My morning plans are shot as there’s unexpected light rain… so I can’t drive under these extreme weather conditions in fear of my own safety.
and no tennis today 😭

Porsche Taycan Charging to 100% IMG_6226

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Hmmmmh. @007 reminds me of Monty Python and their humour being even better the day after when the had a massive hangover from the night before.

Alway look on the bright side of life and keep on charging….

Reactions: 007

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
Set it up on a jack in your in-home garage with floor to ceiling glass, put it into reverse and place a rock on the accelerator pedal. Should also take miles off of the odometer.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
I get it though. The battery is ~$40k, and also the environmental aspect of wanting to make it last as long as possible or yourself, or the future owner.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Set it up on a jack in your in-home garage with floor to ceiling glass, put it into reverse and place a rock on the accelerator pedal. Should also take miles off of the odometer.
Ok, done! Here’s the clip of what happened next…

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
But I’ve put a brick on the gas pedal (aka accelerator pedal as Henry from Hagerty would say)…. It’s been on launch control for the past 3 hours so it’s slowly decharging in the garage. I think things will be ok. 🥹
This sounds like a 3rd bottle idea, frankly it's brilliant and if all goes well it will solve all of your problems, not just battery related. Keep up the good work and if you get tired of your day job, I would recommend being a life coach.👊

Reactions: 007

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
You guys are just awesome. The collective wisdom, experience and expertise here is just phenomenal. The suggestion on the second bottle of wine was key in making it through the difficult night.

But as it is with all things in life, the situation has now significantly complicated... I was planning on decharging this morning at daybreak by driving like a bandit, but the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Can you believe it, it’s raining!?!?

It goes without saying, such a beauty can’t be driven in even the slightest of rain, or chance thereof. So I’ve gone ahead and arranged with Porsche Assistance to flatbed the car today (covered!) to the nearest dealer to resolve the issue.

Even though it’s Sunday morning, I already spoke with my service advisor (we all know they are the most respected and responsive in the industry, available 24-7). He said that in my case, a new battery pack is warranted. They will express deliver a new one directly from Germany in just under 673 weeks. Installation should take about 25 minutes once it arrives (I’m told Porsche will be billed the minimum of 17 hours for the battery swap).

So as my good friend Billy once said, “all’s well that ends well.”

Note to forum admin: we can mark this issue as resolved and file in the help wiki for others who will undoubtedly come across the same problem.

what kind of wine did you drink?

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
what kind of wine did you drink?
Only the best that money can buy*. Go big or go home! That’s how us Taycan owners roll. 😉

*$10 usd per bottle maximum. Other restrictions may apply (ie wife’s mood, etc.). Please see official terms and conditions for complete details.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Only the best that money can buy*. Go big or go home! That’s how us Taycan owners roll. 😉

*$10 usd per bottle maximum. Other restrictions may apply (ie wife’s mood, etc.). Please see official terms and conditions for complete details.
$10 a bottle, amazing.

Did it turn to vinegar an hour after opening? lol.

It got you to the happy place either way. Who cares how much it cost!
Sponsored