Charging to 100%

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I accidentally charged my car to 100%. Will it now blow up? Can’t decharge it until tomorrow because I just finished up a bottle of wine. Please help, what should I do now!?!? List it on Craigslist? 🤯
Sponsored

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Proof attached…

Porsche Taycan Charging to 100% IMG_6221

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback everyone (that’s why I love this forum so much!!). I’ll just leave the car on overnight in the closed garage to decharge, hopefully the carbon monoxide won’t be too toxic.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
Nope, super serious.
Drive the car out from the location where it was charged to 100%, reverse it back in the other way around - plug into the opposite port that you charged from then set the profile to 85% ….. that should discharge it.
Make sure you have a toaster or one bar electric fire running in the home just to be sure the electrons can flow backwards …. Let us know how it goes.
If you can’t get it to discharge you will need to list on Craigslist as scrap metal…. Should get at least three shekels for the lithium….

And enjoy the est of the wine 😂

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
This is definitely a 2 bottle problem. Report back after the 2nd bottle, the problem should solve itself. God speed!

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I accidentally charged my car to 100%. Will it now blow up? Can’t decharge it until tomorrow because I just finished up a bottle of wine. Please help, what should I do now!?!? List it on Craigslist? 🤯
Sleep off the booze in the car with the power and AC on, but have to wake up in hourly intervals to re-power the car back up.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You guys are just awesome. The collective wisdom, experience and expertise here is just phenomenal. The suggestion on the second bottle of wine was key in making it through the difficult night.

But as it is with all things in life, the situation has now significantly complicated... I was planning on decharging this morning at daybreak by driving like a bandit, but the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Can you believe it, it’s raining!?!?

It goes without saying, such a beauty can’t be driven in even the slightest of rain, or chance thereof. So I’ve gone ahead and arranged with Porsche Assistance to flatbed the car today (covered!) to the nearest dealer to resolve the issue.

Even though it’s Sunday morning, I already spoke with my service advisor (we all know they are the most respected and responsive in the industry, available 24-7). He said that in my case, a new battery pack is warranted. They will express deliver a new one directly from Germany in just under 673 weeks. Installation should take about 25 minutes once it arrives (I’m told Porsche will be billed the minimum of 17 hours for the battery swap).

So as my good friend Billy once said, “all’s well that ends well.”

Note to forum admin: we can mark this issue as resolved and file in the help wiki for others who will undoubtedly come across the same problem.